Aries Gossip Box (ATC Radio Station)

10thGF_BOSSHOG

Aries Gossip Box (ATC Radio Station)

Post by 10thGF_BOSSHOG »

Currently, I am working on the update for the Gossip Box. Against my expectations, there are some people who use this radio version for the simulation. As a small improvement, a minimum of white background noise will be audible when using the Gossip Box. This feature is even noticeable with a real radio box. It is only to avoid the concert quality during radio communication and to hear, that someone has pushed the PTT button.
An additional test is running in parallel. TeamSpeak offers a possibility to influence the audible bandwidth of the voice. It is possible to reduce the sample rate to 8 kHz. This would have two advantages. The currently used voice degradation could be replaced by a real filtering. The second advantage is, that the network has to transport only a third of the amount it would normally use. The normal Sample rate of TeamSpeak is 32 Khz and the bitrate is 2560 bps. With 8 kHz , only 25% of the load would be expected. But I assume, that the compression/encoding is not linear, so that 30% to 40% of the load is estimated.